Strain the tea through a sieve then return to the pan to keep warm. Discard of the tea bags and spices.
- 1 cinnamon stick chopped into pieces
- 1 tsp black peppercorn
- 5 cloves
- 3 cardamom pods cracked
- 2 cups of water
- 1 inch pieces of fresh ginger sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp loose leaf tea or three black tea
- ¼ cup of sweetener such as honey, maple syrup, agave syrup
- 1½ cups of cold milk of choice
- Place all the spices in a saucepan and toast over a medium heat for three to four minutes.
- Add the water and ginger to the saucepan and bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes. Remove from the heat then add in the tea.
- Add in your choice of sweetener and stir until dissolved and combined.
- Strain the tea through a sieve then return to the pan to keep warm. Discard of the tea bags and spices.Heat the milk and once hot, froth with a milk frother.
- To serve, fill two third of a tall glass with the tea then add one third of the milk and stir. Top with the milk froth.