Strain the tea through a sieve then return to the pan to keep warm. Discard of the tea bags and spices.
- 1 cinnamon stick chopped into pieces
- 1 tsp black peppercorn
- 5 cloves
- 3 cardamom pods cracked
- 2 cups of water
- 1 inch pieces of fresh ginger sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp loose leaf tea or three black tea
- ¼ cup of sweetener such as honey, maple syrup, agave syrup
- 1½ cups of cold milk of choice
- Place all the spices in a saucepan and toast over a medium heat for three to four minutes.
- Add the water and ginger to the saucepan and bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes. Remove from the heat then add in the tea.
- Add in your choice of sweetener and stir until dissolved and combined.
- Strain the tea through a sieve then return to the pan to keep warm. Discard of the tea bags and spices.Heat the milk and once hot, froth with a milk frother.
- To serve, fill two third of a tall glass with the tea then add one third of the milk and stir. Top with the milk froth.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.