Christmas Tree Brownies
Could a chocolate brownie get any better? Why yes – just add candy canes, green buttercream and sprinkles and the Christmas tree brownie is born.
- 275 gr softened unsalted butter
- 375 gr caster sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 75 gr cocoa powder
- 100 gr self raising flour
- 100 gr dark chocolate chips
- 500 gr powdered sugar
- 250 gr softened unsalted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- green food colouring
- Splash of double cream if required
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc and butter and line a baking tray (30cm works well).
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix with an electric whisk until smooth and combined.
- Pour into the baking tray and smooth the surface.
- Place in the oven for around 40 minutes until the top is crusty and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out either clean or with just a few crumbs.
- Allow to cool in the tin.Once cooled, cut into triangle tree shapes.
- To make the buttercream, beat the butter until soft and fluffy then start to add the powdered sugar a ladel at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla extract green food colouring to the desired colour and beat again.If the mixture is a little stiff, add a splash of double cream.
- Place the buttercream into a piping bag with a star nozzle attached.
- Break the curved handle parts off the candy canes and insert into the base of the tree brownies.
- Pipe the green buttercream onto the brownies then finish with festive sprinkles.