Spiced Christmas Tree Sponge
- 225 gr unsalted butter
- 225 gr dark muscovado sugar
- 225 gr self raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 100 ml milk
- 225 gr icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc.
- Butter the cake tin and lightly flour it.
- Place all the ingredients into the electric mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Place into the cake tin and tap gently on the work surface to ensure there are no air bubbles.
- Place in the oven for between 50-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Leave to cool in the tin for ten minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled dust with icing sugar.