Mint Choc Chip Cookies
Mint and chocolate go together like Advent and Calendars.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and pale in colour.
- Add in the eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla extract.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa then add to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate saving some for adding on top just before baking.
- Take spoonfuls of the cookie dough and roll into balls then place onto the lined baking sheet.
- Press down just slightly with the base of a measuring cup then press in some of the reserved chopped chocolate pieces.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until just set.
- Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.