This is a wonderful dessert that can be made in advance so perfect for when having guests enabling you to relax and enjoy. Decadent and delicious, you will not want to share!
- 55 ml water
- 165 gr sugar
- 8 eggs yolk
- caramel sauce
- In a pan, mix the water and sugar and heat to 110°C.
- Remove from the heat and chill for five minutes before adding the egg yolks which have been beaten well.
- Mix again with a whisk really quickly and strongly.
- In small flan molds, pour a layer of caramel (this can be bought or homemade) then top with the foamy mixture.Place the molds into a steam oven at 98°C for approximately 20 minutes until set.
- Remove and allow to cool before refrigerating.
- Serve with chocolate decorations and fresh raspberries.
Caramel Flan recipe is on page 110 of the book. Copyright 2020 @ Julie Neville, Authentic Spanish Cooking, Pen and Sword White Owl Publisher, All Rights Reserved.