Vanilla Panna Cotta
This is a beautiful and elegant dessert that would not look out of place in any fine restaurant – yet is super simple to make at home!
- Panna Cotta molds
- 250 ml double cream
- 250 ml whole milk
- 3 gelatine leaves (around 6g)
- 2 vanilla pods
- 35 gr sugar
For the strawberry sauce
- 150 ml water
- 175 gr sugar
- 1 tbsp strawberry jam
- 350 gr strawberries
- Soak the gelatine leave sin cold water until soft.
- Remove the seeds from the vanilla pods and place the seeds and one pod in a saucepan. Add the milk, cream and sugar and heat until simmering. Remove the pod and discard.
- Squeeze the excess water from the gelatine leaves and add them to the pan then turn off the heat.
- Stir until the gelatine is dissolved.
- Pour into moulds then place in the fridge to set for a minimum of two hours.
- To make the sauce place the water and sugar in a pan and heat until the sugar has dissolved, add in the strawberry jam and cook for a further minute. Add in 200g of the strawberries and stir.
- Place into a blender and blitz until smooth. Pass through a sieve them stir in the remaining whole strawberries.
- Remove the panna cotta from the fridge. Place the mould into a bowl of hot water being careful not to allow any water into the mould – this loosens the panna cotta making it easy to turn out onto a plate.
- Once on the plate, drizzle over some of the strawberry sauce and top with the strawberries.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.