Vanilla Panna Cotta
This is a beautiful and elegant dessert that would not look out of place in any fine restaurant – yet is super simple to make at home!
- 250 ml double cream
- 250 ml whole milk
- 3 gelatine leaves (around 6g)
- 2 vanilla pods
- 35 gr sugar
For the strawberry sauce
- 150 ml water
- 175 gr sugar
- 1 tbsp strawberry jam
- 350 gr strawberries
- Soak the gelatine leave sin cold water until soft.
- Remove the seeds from the vanilla pods and place the seeds and one pod in a saucepan. Add the milk, cream and sugar and heat until simmering. Remove the pod and discard.
- Squeeze the excess water from the gelatine leaves and add them to the pan then turn off the heat.
- Stir until the gelatine is dissolved.
- Pour into moulds then place in the fridge to set for a minimum of two hours.
- To make the sauce place the water and sugar in a pan and heat until the sugar has dissolved, add in the strawberry jam and cook for a further minute. Add in 200g of the strawberries and stir.
- Place into a blender and blitz until smooth. Pass through a sieve them stir in the remaining whole strawberries.
- Remove the panna cotta from the fridge. Place the mould into a bowl of hot water being careful not to allow any water into the mould – this loosens the panna cotta making it easy to turn out onto a plate.
- Once on the plate, drizzle over some of the strawberry sauce and top with the strawberries.