White Chocolate and Peppermint Christmas Creams
My father would be disappointed if he did not get a peppermint-themed treat at Christmas.
- ¼ cup double cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ stick softened unsalted butter
- 1½ tsp peppermint extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 400 g white chocolate chopped
- Peppermints crushed
- Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Place into an electric mixer bowl the powdered sugar, butter, cream and extracts and beat until smooth – around two minutes.
- Roll into balls then place on the baking sheets.
- Using the back of a flat measuring cup, place a piece of parchment on the top of each rolled ball and press down with the cup.
- Once you have flattened all the balls, cover the trays with clingfilm and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place the white chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of simering water. Ensure the water does not touch the base of the bowl. Stir until smooth and melted.
- Dip each cream into the chocolate and aloow any excess to drip off before placing back onto the baking tray.
- Sprinkle crushed peppermints on top then place in the fridge to set.
- Store in the fridge covered for up to one week.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.