Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Place the flour and baking soda into a bowl and whisk together
- Place the butter and both white and light brown sugars into the bowl of a stand mix and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract and salt and beat until combined.
- Stir in both the oats and chocolate chips until well distributed. Cover and chill for a minimum of one hour.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper. I used a medium ice cream scoop to scoop our equal amounts of the dough which i then rolled into balls between the palms of my hands and pressed down onto the baking trays leaving plenty of room between each cookie to allow for spreading during baking.
- Preheat the oven to 375f and bake the cookies for around 10 minutes. The edges should be golden but the cookies soft.
- Allow to cool for five minutes on the baking trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.