Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
My husband and daughter fight over these – she actually hides them from him!
- 300 gr milk chocolate chopped
- 85 gr smooth peanut butter
- 1½ tbsp softened butter
- 35 gr icing sugar
- Place cupcake cases in a 12 hole tin.
- Melt half of the chocolate then pour between the 12 cupcake cases.
- Place into the freezer for 15 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, place the peanut butter, icing sugar and softened butter in a bowl and whisk until light.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and then add the peanut butter to the cupcake cases.
- Flatten the mixture then place back in the freezer for another 15 minutes.
- Melt the remaining chocolate. Place a tablespoon of chocolate over the set peanut butter mixture ensure that each one is covered and flat before you move onto the next as the cold peanut butter will set the chocolate very fast and you do not want it uneven and lumpy.
- Pop in the freezer for the last 15 minutes then serve. Room temperature will give a soft peanut butter cup or they can be kept chilled for more bite.