Chocolate Hazelnut Log
The hardest part about this recipe is not eating the ingredients as you make it!
- 150 gr dark chocolate
- 400 gr jar of nutella
- 200 gr digestive, hobnob or oat type biscuits
- 50 gr unsalted butter
- 400 gr cream cheese
- 80 gr icing sugar sieved
- 50 gr chopped nuts
- box of malteasers
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with cling film leaving plenty of hang over the side to wrap over later.
- Melt the dark chocolate then pour into the lined tin then place in the freezer for 15 minutes to harden.
- Put 150g nutella and the butter in a pan and heat stirring often until they melt. Be careful not to let the mixture burn.
- Put the biscuits in a food processor and blitz until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add the biscuits to the melted butter and nutella in the pan. Pour into the lined tin and press down using a spoon.
- Whisk the rest of the nutella with the cream cheese and add in the icing sugar and whisk until smooth. Pour on top of the biscuit base.
- Sprinkle with the broken malteasers then wrap well and place in the freezer for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer ten minutes before you want to serve it.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.