Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.
Pina Colada Mousse
Tropical flavours make this the most wonderful special summer dessert!
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 14 gr unflavoured gelatine powder
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 4 cups crushed graham crackers or digestive biscuits
- 1 oz rum optional
- You can make this mousse in individual glasses or in the style of a whole cheesecake.
- Place the crushed biscuits into a bowl and add the melted butter. Stir to combine then place into the base of a lined springform pan or as i like to serve this, into the base of a cocktail glass.
- Hydrate the gelatine by mixing it with a couple of tablespoons of boiling water and leaving it to sit for five minutes
- Place the pineapple, coconut cream, sugar and hydrated gelatine into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Whisk the cream until you have stiff peaks then fold the pineapple coconut mixture into the cream.
- Place into a piping bag and pipe into the glasses or pour over the biscuit base in the baking tin.
- Place in the fridge to chill for a minimum of four hours before serving.