Hot Chocolate & Marshmallow Cookies
Hot chocolate and marshmallows are a favourite in our house so i decided to make them into cookies – and they are equally delicious!
- Preheat the oven to 350f and line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Beat the butter and two thirds of the sugar until light and fluffy which will take around 3-4 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients of flour, cocoa powder, dry milk, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture mixing at low speed then add in the vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl mix together the remaining one third of sugar with the cinnamon.
- Take spoonfuls of the cookie dough – approximately one inch in size – roll into a ball then roll in the cinnamon sugar before placing onto the lined baking sheet
- Leave at least two inches between each cookie as they will spread as they bake.
- Place in the oven to bake for around 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, turn the oven to broil.
- Whilst the cookies are still soft, press a halved marshmallow onto the top of each cookie, cut side down.
- Please under the broiler at least 5-6 inches from the heat and witch carefully until the marshmallows are just toasted.
- Remove and allow to cool on the tray for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.