Bourbon Pecan Chocolate Cups
- 230 gr dark chocolate chopped
- 2 tbsp room temperature unsalted butter
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1½ tbsp bourbon
- ½ cup chopped pecans
A couple of tablespoons of double cream if required
- Place the chocolate in a glass heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until melted then set aside to cool slightly
- Cream together the butter, bourbon and powdered sugar until fluffy and smooth. If required add in a couple of tablespoons of double cream until you have a thick but smooth consistency then add in ¼ cup of the pecans. Place in the fridge to chill briefly.
- Line a mini muffin pan with paper cups and pour a teaspoon of the melted chocolate into each cup. Using a clean painting brush, brush the chocolate all around the mini muffin case.Place in the fridge to set.
- Once set scoop teaspoons of the butter pecan filling into each chocolate coated case and gently tap the top of each to flatten slightly
- Place another teaspoon of the melted chocolate on top and use the paintbrush to smooth out to cover the top of the filling
- Sprinkle with the remaining chopped pecans then place in te fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes to set up
- These will keep for two weeks in the fridge