Decadent Chocolate Slices with Chocolate Hazelnut Buttercream Frosting
For the chocolate cake:
For the chocolate hazelnut buttercream frosting:
- 230 gr unsalted butter
- 460 gr powdered sugar sifted
- 230 gr nutella
- 80 ml heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350f and grease and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. I used a 9¨ x 13¨
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the vegetable oil, milk, vanilla and eggs then add these into the dry ingredients and mix until combined with a spatula.
- Add in the hot water and whisk until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour onto the baking sheet and place in the oven for around 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the centre.
- Allow to cool completed before cutting and assembling.
To make the frosting:
- Beat the butter in a stand mixer for around two minutes until soft and smooth
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, cream and nutella and beat on medium for around two minutes until smooth
- If the frosting is too thick add a little more cream and if not thick enough add a little more powdered sugar until you have the perfect consistency
- Place the frosting into a large piping bag with a long petal nozzle fitted