recipe from the theme Loved Leftovers
Almond Granola Croissants
Well we really could not waste a delicious croissant so I had to come up with a recipe to make even stale croissants even more delicious.
- 4 old stale croissants
- 60 gr almond flour
- 1 room temperature egg
- ½ tsp Nielsen Massey Pure Vanilla Extract
- 60 gr temperature unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ½ cup granola
- ¼ cup sliced almond
- ½ cup blueberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Leave the croissants out for several hours to harden slightly.
- To make the almond cream, mix together the butter and sugar then add in the extracts and the egg and mix well. Add in the flour and stir until combined.
- Slice the croissants in half and spread some of the sweet almond paste onto each one then sit them onto a lined baking sheet.
- Mix together the almonds, oats and blueberries and divide evenly between the croissants topping the sweet almond paste.
- Place the oven for around ten minutes until warm, bubbling and golden.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.