Irish Soda Bread
This recipe remind me of many happy memories of my childhood in Ireland and are definitely a tribute to my mother.
- 170 grams plain flour
- 170 grams self raising wholemeal flour
- ½ tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp of salt
- 290 ml buttermilk
- Pour in the buttermilk and mix quickly with a fork until you have a soft dough. Add more milk if necessary.
- Place onto a lightly floured board, kneed briefly and shape into a flat round loaf of around 20cm.
- Bake for around 30-35 minutes until the bottom of the loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cover with a clean dry tea towel which keeps the top of the loaf soft. Eat whilst fresh.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.