Feta Stuffed Peppers
Another recipe from my Superfoods book. A great simple starter or light lunch.
- 2 red bell peppers halves lengthways with the core and stem removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 small packet of feta cheese
- 8 basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- Black Pepper
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200oc.
- Place the pepper in an ovenproof dish hollow side up.
- In a bowl toss together the feta (chopped into cubes), thyme, tomatoes and basil then load into the pepper. Season with cracked black pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil then cover with foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and place back in the oven for a further 15 minutes until the peppers are charring and the tomatoes are starting to burst (you can sprinkle with pine nuts at this stage too).
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately on a bed of rocket leaves.