Red velvet cookie Snowball bites
Red Velvet Cookie Snowball Bites delightful little treats melt in your mouth and look just as festive as they taste.
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ sticks of unsalted butter
- 2 ½ cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp red food couring
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line baking sheets with baking parchment.
- In a bowl sieve together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter and half of the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Add in the food colouring, vinegar and vanilla extract and mix again.The dough will be crumbly.
- I use an small ice cream scoop to scoop out the dough then roll it into balls before placing on the baking sheet.
- Once all scooped and rolled, place in the freezer for just ten minutes before placing in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for just five minutes then dip into the remaining powdered sugar. I dip each one then dip them all again prior to placing in mini cupcake cases to serve.