Santa Hat Chocolate Brownies
I can see Santa being very happy if there are brownies left out for him on Christmas Eve. Plus the kids will have fun making them for him.
- 275 gr softened unsalted butter
- 375 gr caster sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 75 gr cocoa powder
- 100 gr self raising flour
- 100 gr dark chocolate chips
- Bag of large marshmallows
- Bag of mini marshmallows
- Punnet of strawberries washed and stems sliced off to create flat base
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc and butter and line a baking tray (30cm works well).
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix with an electric whisk until smooth and combined.
- Pour into the baking tray and smooth the surface.
- Place in the oven for around 40 minutes until the top is crusty and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out either clean or with just a few crumbs.
- Allow to cool in the tin, then remove and using a small square cookie cutter, cut out individual brownie bites.
- Slice large marshmallows in half and place one half cut side down onto the brownie.
- Top each with a strawberry then finish with a mini marshmallow. Hold it all together with a decorative mini skewer.
- Place the buttercream into a piping bag with a star nozzle attached.
- The perfect festive finger food.