Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake
Why not serve this as part of your christmas celebrations?It can be made ahead of time and left in the fridge enabling you to relax and enjoy the festivities.
- 225 gr chocolate oreo cookies
- 60 gr melted butter
- 230 ml soft cream cheese I use Philadelphia
- 3 tsp gelatin powder
- 60 ml water
- 60 gr powdered sugar
- 250 ml double cream
- 365 gr jar of nutella
Chocolate Ganache Topping:
- 50 gr dark chocolate chips
- 125 ml double cream
- 160 gr nutella
- Whipped cream for the topping
- Malteasers or toppings of choice for décor
- Butter and line both the base and sides of a springform cake tin. I like to leave a little overhang (see images below) to help remove the cheesecake later.
- Blitz the Oreos in a food processor then pour in the melted butter and pulse until combined. You will have a wet crumbly mixture.
- Tip into the prepared cake tin and press into an even layer. Place in the fridge to set whilst you make the mousse.
- Place the water in a small jug and sprinkle the gealtin on top. Mix to dissolve then leave to set or ¨bloom¨ for five minutes. It will thicken up. Place in the microwave for just 15 seconds until it becomes a liquid again then set aside to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, nutella and icing sugar until smooth and combined then add in the cooled gelatin and mix again.
- In a separate bowl whip the cream until you have stiff peaks then fold into the cheesecake mixture one third at a time, ensuring each third is fully incorporated before adding in the next.
- Pour over the oreo base and smooth the top. Place back into the fridge to set for around 90 minutes.
- Once set, make the chocolate ganache topping by placing the nutella, cream and chocolate chips into a bowl over a pan of boiling water and stir until melted, smooth and glossy. Leave to cool for five minutes before pouring over the top of the set cheesecake.
- Place back in the fridge to set again completely for around three hours.
- Top with piped whipped cream and malteasers.