Chocolate Bacon Bark
Oh yes, the Americans think everything is better with bacon and after tasting this chocolate bacon bark, you may just have to agree.
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 8 slices cooked bacon shopped into pieces
- Sea salt
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 24 plain unsalted crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350f and line a 9 x 13 inch sheet pan with aluminium foil.
- Place the butter and sugar into a small pan and melt on a low heat. Once melted, increase the heat and bring to the boil.
- Lay the crackers on top of the foil. Pour the sugar mixture over the crackers.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips across the top.
- Leave to sit for a few minutes then using an offset spatula spread the melted chocolate across the baked caramel.
- Whilst still hot and sticky, sprinkle the chopped bacon on top and add a little sea salt.
- Leave to cool completely and set then break into pieces and serve.