Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake with Chocolate Orange Ganache
Well if you want a Christmas table centre piece this is it. Beautiful, rice and decadent. It almost looks too good to slice into.
Chocolate orange ganache
- 280 gr chocolate chopped finely
- 320 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp orange
- Preheat the oven to 165ºc.
- Grease a flour a bundt cake pan.
- Firstly whisk together the dry ingredients of flour, salt, cinnamon, cocoa powder, baking soda.
- In the mixing bowl of an electric whisker, place the butter and sugar and beat with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy and pale in colour – 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Start to add in the flour and alternate with the orange juice then fold in the orange zest.
- Pour into the bundt tin and tap on the work surface to release any air bubbles.
- Place in the oven for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow to cool in the tin for ten minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Leave to cool completely before covering in ganache.
Chocolate Orange Ganache
- Place the cream into a saucepan and add the orange zest. Heat until bubbles start to appear around the edges then remove from the heat.
- Add the cream to the chocolate and leave for a minute then start to stir until you have a smooth glossy mixture.
- Add in the butter and orange extract and stir until the butter has melted.
- Pour over the cooled cake.
- Decorate the cake as you wish.