Brandy Snap Baskets
Such a versatile dessert base. I have simply used fresh sweetened whipped cream and strawberries here but the possibilities are endless. Try chocolate mousse, ice cream or the traditional brandy cream (hence the name).
- 50 grams butter
- 50 grams golden syrup
- 50 grams plain Flour
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 160ºc and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Generously butter a 12 hole cupcake tin.Place the butter, sugar and syrup into a small saucepan and heat over a low heat.
- Sieve the flour and ginger then add into the melted syrup mixture along with the lemon juice.
- Drop three to four teaspoons of the mixture onto the baking tray. Space well apart as they will spread.
- Bake for around 7-9 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool for only a minute or two.
- Once set enough to pick up but still pliable, using a palette knife, lift each brandy snap and place into the greased cupcake tin pushing down into the tin to create a nice basket shape.Allow cooling completely.
- Fill with ice cream or like here simply whipped cream and strawberries.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.