No Mac – Mac and Cheese
Well this is a no mac version using cauliflower instead so low carb and getting those veggies in!
- Preheat the oven to 400f.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil then add salt to season.
- Add in the cauliflower and cook for around 7-8 minutes until tender.
- At the same time, heat a wide bottomed pan on medium heat and melt the butter. Add in the flour and stir to cook for around one minute.
- Gradually add in the milk whisking continually. Add in the hot sauce, mustard powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer until it thickens then turn off the heat and stir in the cheddar and mozzarella.
- Drain the cauliflower and add into the cheese sauce.
- Divide into four oven proof dishes.
- Combine the panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and sprinkle over the top of the four dishes.
- Place into the oven for around 10-15 minutes until the topping is crispy and golden.