Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad
A high protein food and naturally gluten free.
Use whatever quantities of the below ingredients required depending on how many you are serving.
- Sweet potatoes
- Red and yellow peppers
- Vegetable stock
- Olive oil
- Rocket leaves
- Salt and pepper to season
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes and place onto a baking tray brushed with olive oil. Brush the tops of the potatoes with more olive oil, season with salt and pepper then place in the oven at 200oc for 45 minutes until crispy and slightly charred.
- Wash and slice the remaining vegetables roughly into similar sizes so they all good at the same speed.
- Place onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place into a preheated oven at 200oc for around 35-40 minutes until perfectly roasted.
- Place the quinoa in a pan and whatever quantity you use, add double the quantity of stock – you can use water but the stock here gives it a deep flavour. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and cover until all the liquid has been absorbed. This will take around 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the lid on for a further five minutes to finish the cooking process.
- Take a large serving platter and fill the centre with rocket leaves.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and place around the outside of the platter.
- Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven and stir into the cooked quinoa.