Pan fried Tilapia with butter sautéed shrimp and vine roasted tomatoes
A delicious meaty fish topped with butter basted shrimp and a lemon dressed salad.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 lb deveined shrimp
- 4 vines of tomatoes
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup plain flour
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Olive oil for cooking
- large bowl of mixed green salad leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400f.
- Place the vine tomatoes onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place in the oven for around 15 minutes until blistered.
- Place the cup of flour into a large baking dish, season with salt and pepper then place the tilapia fillets into the flour to coat on both sides.
- Place two tablespoons of butter and two tablespoons of olive oil into a large pan and heat on a medium heat.
- Shake any excess flour off the tilapia fillets then place into the hot butter and oil to cook.
- In the meantime, mix the olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice then pour over the mixed salad leaves and toss to coat all leaves.
- Once the tilapia have cooked for 5-6 minutes on one side and are golden brown, turn to cook the other side.
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a separate pan. When bubbling add in the shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a couple of minutes on each side until pink and cooked through.
- To serve, place the salad leaves on each plate and top with the roasted vine tomatoes.
- Place a tilapia fillet next to the salad leaves and top with the cooked shrimp
- Serve with a lemon wedge and a little parsley.