PB & J French Toast
Both my children adore french toast whether it be a sweet or savoury version and PB & J is super popular here in the US so I thought combining the two would be a definite hit, and it was!
- 2 brioche loaves sliced into thick slices
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp Nielsen Massey Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- Peanut butter smooth around a tablespoon per slice
- Strawberry jam around a tablespoon per slice
- Butter and oi
- Spread half of the slices of bread with peanut butter and half with the jam and make into pb and j sandwiches.
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla extract, sugar and salt.
- Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture submerging all sides, then place onto a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
- Pour any remaining mixture over the sandwiches on the baking sheet and allow to stand and absorb for around ten minutes.
- Heat a skillet and add a tablespoon each of oil and butter. Working in bathes of two to three sandwiches at a time , cook the sandwiches for two to three minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Transfer to a clean baking sheet until ready to serve (if making a large batch I keep these warm in a low oven at around 200f)
- Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with a little powdered sugar.
- You will get top mom marks if you wake your children with these!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.