Honey Roasted Nuts
Makes 1kg (2 large jars, 4 medium jars or 6 mini ones)
- 50 gr unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 kg mixed unsalted nuts (cashews, pecans, peanuts, macadamia almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts and Brazil nuts)
- 2 tbsp quality sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.Place a medium pan on a medium heat, add the butter and honey and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the butter has melted.
- If using Brazil nuts, roughly chop some of them up into halves and quarters to make them more bite size. Place all the nuts onto two large roasting trays, then carefully divide the melted butter and honey mix between the two, then scatter over the paprika. Toss to coat all the nuts, then cook for 20-30 minutes, or until golden all over, carefully shaking the tray every 10-15 minutes to make sure they cook evenly.
- Season with a little salt and leave to cool.
- Serve up in a big jar for people to get stuck into, or decant into bowls and serve alongside a glass (or two) of Prosecco.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.