Sesame Crusted Tuna served with Peas and Onions
This is a light and nutritious dish yet still full of flavour and on the table in minutes.
- Mixing Bowl
- 300 gr sugar snap peas
- 12 spring onions
- Splash red wine vinegar
- 4 tuna steaks
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp mirin
- oilve oil
- Tip the sesame seeds onto a plate and set them aside.
- Mix together the mirin, soy sauce, honey and sesame oil in a bowl then pour half into a small ramekin. Add the rice wine vinegar to the ramekin and a couple of sliced spring onions then stir and set aside.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the tuna steaks and ensure all sides are coated.
- Heat a pan over high heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Coat the tuna steaks in the sesame seeds pressing them into the fish then place the steaks into the hot pan.
- Cook for a minute or two on each side.
- In the meantime, heat a little olive oil in a separate frying pan on high and add in the sugar snap peas and sliced spring onions and saute for a few minutes until cooked but still crunchy. Add a splash of red wine vinegar towards the end of cooking.
- To serve, tip the peas and onions into a serving bowl, slice the tuna and spread onto a platter and place the ramekin of dipping sauce alongside.
- Sprinkle any remaining spring onions over the top of the tuna.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.