Orecchietti with Mascarpone, Peas and Asparagus
Creamy and delicious yet refreshingly light. An appetising summer lunch or filling evening meal – this recipe ticks all the boxes.
- 400 gr dried pasta
- Bunch of asparagus spears around 15 spears
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 250 gr mascarpone cheese
- juice of one lemon
- zest of one lemon
- salt and black pepper
- Place the pasta in a pan of boiling water seasoned with salt and added olive oil.
- Once almost al dente, add in the asparagus and peas and cook until tender.
- Drain the pasta reserving some of the water encase you need to think out the sauce.
- Place the pasta back into the pan. Squeeze a lemon into the pan and season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Add in the parmesan and mascarpone cheese and stir until combined.
- Serve in a large bowl and grate over the lemon zest and add a little more cracked black pepper.