Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
These stuffed mushrooms are such a wonderful flavourful satisfying dish.
- 8 large portabello mushrooms
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan
- Small jar of marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Extra mozzarella for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400f.
- Wipe the mushrooms clean and remove the stem centres.
- Place onto a baking sheet.
- Place the spinach into a wide bottomed pan with a splash of water and cook over a medium high heat until the spinach has wilted.
- Allow to cool a little.
- Place the ricotta cheese, egg, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese into a bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze any excess water out of the spinach then chop it into smaller pieces to make it easier to incorporate into the cheese mixture.
- Add in with the cheeses and stir to combine.
- Spoon generous amounts of the mixture on top of each mushroom. Press down slightly to create a flat surface.
- Spoon over some marinara sauce then top with some extra mozzarella.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and the cheeses melted and bubbling.
- Serve with a fresh green salad.