Vegan Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Frosting
These vegan cupcakes will surprise even the most avid taste tester. I made these and no one in my home had any idea that they were vegan, as for the coconut frosting, I am still licking my lips!
- Preheat the oven to 180oc and line a cupcake tray with liners.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add in the oil, soy milk, vanilla extract and vinegar and whisk well until smooth.
- You will have a very runny mixture.
- Pour evenly into the cup cake liners then place in the oven to bake for between 20-25 minutes. Once cooked the top should spring back when pressed and a toothpick should come out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
- Once cooled completely, make the coconut frosting.
- Chill the mixing bowl prior to making the frosting.
- Remove the cans of coconut milk from the fridge and take only the solid part of the coconut cream and place in the mixing bowl leaving the clear liquid in the tin.
- Add the icing sugar to the bowl and whisk until combined and fluffy.
- If the mixture is soft then place back into the fridge or freezer before frosting the cupcakes. You can simply spread onto the cupcakes or pipe on.
- I like to finish these with a little desiccated coconut sprinkled on top or some vegan decorations and sprinkles.