Asparagus Puff Pastry
This dish looks like you have been working away in the kitchen all day when it literally is the easiest thing to make.
- 1 packet ready-made puff pastry
- 300 gr asparagus with the ends trimmed
- 250 gr cream cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- zest of one lemon
- salt and pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 220ºc.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together the cream cheese, egg yolks, parmesan and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the puff pastry onto the baking sheet and carefully score (not cut through) a border of around an inch in thickness all the way around.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the pastry keeping within the scored border.
- Lay the asparagus on top of the mixture.
- Season with a little cracked black pepper then places in the preheated oven for around 15 minutes until the asparagus is charred and the pastry puffed and golden. Serve with a green salad.