Spinach & Feta Stuffed Shells
Spinach and feta are a match made in heaven, loaded into these large pasta shells results in a delicious satisfying vegetarian meal.
- 12 oz jumbo pasta shells
- 3 bags frozen spinach thawed and set in a sieve over a bowl to remove excess liquid
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 16 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large jar of marinara sauce (24oz)
- 1 bunch spring onions sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Cracked black pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 375f and bring a large pot of water to the boil then season with salt. Cook the pasta shells according to the packet instructions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat a wide bottomed pan over a medium high heat and add in the olive oil. Cook the spring onions for a couple of minutes until softened then add in the spinach and cook for a couple of minutes then set aside to cool a little.
- Once cooled, add the ricotta cheese, eggs, crumbled feta cheese and some salt and pepper to the spinach mixture.
- Pour the marinara sauce into the base of a baking dish.
- Take each jumbo pasta shell and stuff with the spinach and feta mixture then lay into the baking dish on top of the sauce. Continue until all shells are stuffed and the dish is full.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella then place in the oven for around 30 minutes until bubbling and the cheese is melted.
- Serve onto plates, spooning over the marinara sauce then sprinkle with the copped parsley.