Crispy Mushrooms and Aubergines
My son claims not to like either mushrooms or aubergines yet somehow when I serve them up like this, they all disappear from his plate. A delicious savoury vegetable recipe that provide a meaty flavourful bite.
- 6-8 units portabello mushrooms wiped clean
- 1 large aubergine sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp onion flakes if required
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 bowl homemade or shop-bought tomato sauce
- Mix the salt and onion flakes if using into the mayonnaise
- In a separate bowl mix the breadcrumbs, three quarters of the grated parmesan cheese and the seasoning.
- Brush the mushrooms and the aubergines with mayonnaise then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place onto a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for around 20 minutes until cooked through and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve on a platter with a bowl of warm tomato sauce in the centre.
- Sprinkle over the remaining parmesan cheese.