Mild Vegan Coconut Curry
This curry is a powerhouse of nutrients and literally bursting with flavour. The most delicious way to get your five a day!
- 4 tbsp mild curry paste
- 2 tins coconut milk
- 425 gr chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 large onion diced
- 250 gr white potatoes peeled and chopped
- 250 gr broccoli florets
- 250 gr carrots peeled and chopped
- 200 gr mushrooms wiped clean and sliced
- 200 gr red pepper, sliced
- Olive oil
- Fresh coriander
- Place a few tablespoons of olive oil into a wide bottomed pan. Heat on a medium heat then add in the onions and cook until softened.
- Add in the curry paste or powder and cook over a medium heat for a couple of minutes before adding in the potatoes and carrots.
- Cook until softened then add in the mushrooms, peppers and broccoli. Cook for a few minutes more then add in the coconut milk and chickpeas.
- Allow to simmer stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft.
- Chop some coriander and stir through the curry.
- Serve with some poppadoms, basmati rice and some plain soya yoghurt.