This dish is perfect served with brown rice, used as a pasta sauce or piled on to a jacket potato. Delicious and versatile.
- 2 courgettes sliced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 large aubergine chopped into inch size pieces
- 1 red pepper shopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 large tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to season
- Fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pour a couple of tablespoons of olive oil into the base of a wide bottomed pan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat until softened.
- Add in the aubergine, courgettes and peppers, place the lid on the pan and cook until soft stirring occasionally.
- Add in the tinned tomatoes and tomato paste and continue to cook over a medium heat for a further five minutes.
- Add in a couple of tablespoons of chopped fresh oregano, season with salt and pepper and simmer for ten further minutes.
- Serve as a main with brown rice, as a vegetable side dish or just load into a jacket potato and serve with a side salad.