Did you make this recipe?
Quinoa Tofu Veggie Bowl
This is now one of his favourite foods. Give it a try and you will soon know why.
- 7 oz packet of tofu – drain and pat dry
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- 1 small white onion cut into strips
- ½ cup sugar snap peas cut in half
- 1 small bag of baby spinach washed
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Cut the dried tofu into cubes.
- In a bowl mix together the soy sauce and sesame oil and add in the tofu and coat on all sides.
- Sprinkle over the cornstarch and again ensure the cubes are coated on all sides.
- Heat two wide bottomed pans on a medium to high heat and spray with oil.
- Add the tofu into one pan and the sliced onions, peppers and peas into the other.
- Cook until the tofu and vegetables are crispy and charred a little.
- Take a wide bowl and place the cooked quinoa in the bottom, add a serving of spinach on one side then the cooked vegetables on the other side.
- Place the crispy tofu in the centre and sprinkle over the sesame seeds.