Spinach and Walnut Pesto Pasta with Crispy Sun-Dried Tomatoes
The perfect combination of colours and flavours. I specially love the crispy sun-dried tomatoes on the top and make these all the time just on their own.
- 500 gr dried pasta
- ½ cup olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- ½ cup walnuts plus extra for serving
- ¼ cup grated parmesan plus extra for serving
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- Place the pasta in a pan of salted boiling water with a drizzle of olive oil and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Place all the ingredients except the olive oil and sundried tomatoes into a food processor and pulse.
- Once the ingredients have started to break down and blend whilst still running, slowly pour in the olive oil and blitz until combined and smooth.
- Place the sundried tomatoes into a small frying pan over high heat and cook until charred on both sides and crispy.
- Drain the pasta reserving a little of the cooking water encase you need to think down the pesto sauce.
- Place the pasta back into the pan and pour over the pesto sauce.
- Pour into a large serving bowl. Sprinkle over some chopped walnuts, grate over some more parmesan cheese and top with the crispy sundried tomatoes.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.