Spinach and Walnut Pesto Pasta with Crispy Sun-Dried Tomatoes
The perfect combination of colours and flavours. I specially love the crispy sun-dried tomatoes on the top and make these all the time just on their own.
- 500 gr dried pasta
- ½ cup olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- ½ cup walnuts plus extra for serving
- ¼ cup grated parmesan plus extra for serving
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- Place the pasta in a pan of salted boiling water with a drizzle of olive oil and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Place all the ingredients except the olive oil and sundried tomatoes into a food processor and pulse.
- Once the ingredients have started to break down and blend whilst still running, slowly pour in the olive oil and blitz until combined and smooth.
- Place the sundried tomatoes into a small frying pan over high heat and cook until charred on both sides and crispy.
- Drain the pasta reserving a little of the cooking water encase you need to think down the pesto sauce.
- Place the pasta back into the pan and pour over the pesto sauce.
- Pour into a large serving bowl. Sprinkle over some chopped walnuts, grate over some more parmesan cheese and top with the crispy sundried tomatoes.