Easy Chocolate Tart
Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate – what´s not to love about this tart. A simple, delicious make-ahead dessert.
- 32 units chocolate oreo cookies
- 115 gr unsalted butter melted
- 340 gr semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 230 ml double cream
- white chocolate for shaving
- icing sugar for dusting
- Place the Oreos in a food processor and blitz until they resemble bread crumbs.
- Pour the melted butter over the crumbs and pulse until mixed well.
- Press the mixture into a tart pan using your fingers and the back of a measuring cup. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Meanwhile, heat the cream over medium heat until bubbles start to appear around the edges but do not boil or simmer. Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate chips.
- Leave for a minute or two then start to stir until you have a smooth chocolate ganache.
- Pour this over the chilled crust then place in the fridge for at least three hours or overnight.
- Before serving, remove from the tart pan, shave over some white chocolate and dust with icing sugar or cover with fresh berries.