Easy Chocolate Tart
Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate – what´s not to love about this tart. A simple, delicious make-ahead dessert.
- 32 units chocolate oreo cookies
- 115 gr unsalted butter melted
- 340 gr semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 230 ml double cream
- white chocolate for shaving
- icing sugar for dusting
- Place the Oreos in a food processor and blitz until they resemble bread crumbs.
- Pour the melted butter over the crumbs and pulse until mixed well.
- Press the mixture into a tart pan using your fingers and the back of a measuring cup. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Meanwhile, heat the cream over medium heat until bubbles start to appear around the edges but do not boil or simmer. Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate chips.
- Leave for a minute or two then start to stir until you have a smooth chocolate ganache.
- Pour this over the chilled crust then place in the fridge for at least three hours or overnight.
- Before serving, remove from the tart pan, shave over some white chocolate and dust with icing sugar or cover with fresh berries.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.