Winter Vegetable Soup
I made this as our starter for Christmas dinner last year and it was a hit with all the family.
- 500 gr potatoes
- 300 gr carrots
- 2 large white onions
- 1 large leek
- 300 gr parsnips
- 300 gr swede
- bunch of parsley
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Peel and chop the potatoes, parsnips, swede and carrots into roughly 2cm chunks.
- Heat some olive oil in the base of a wide bottomed pan and add the chopped vegetables.
- Whilst these are beginning to cook, chop the leek and onions and add these to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook these with the lid on stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft.
- Once softened, mix the two stock cubes with two litres of boiling water and add to the pan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for around 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend with a hand mixer.
- Serve with rosemary olive oil croutons and a little chopped parsley.