Parsley and Tarragon Crusted Oysters
Oysters are low in calories yet full of nutrients, protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals and of course they are well known for being an aphrodisiac.
- Place the breadcrumbs, parsley and tarragon into a food processor and season with salt and pepper then blitz until the breadcrumbs are green.
- Tip into a bowl as part of a breading station.
- Heat a couple of inches of vegetable oil in a wide bottomed pan over a high heat.
- Place the flour and egg in separate bowls next to the green breadcrumbs then first dip the oysters into the flours, shake off the excess. The dip in the egg and finally coat in the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat until all oysters are coated.
- Place into the hot oil and cook until crispy just a couple of minutes on each side.
- Serve each oyster in a shell. Arrange the shells in a circle on a serving platter and place a bowl of salsa in the centre.