Just when you though rarebit was super tasty, we go and add Guinness and make it even better. Plus, whilst most people think rarebit is Welsh, my Irish relatives will be quick to point out that it is in fact Irish.
- 125 gr mature cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp Guinness
- 1 splash Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to season
- white baguette thick slices
- Place the sliced baguette onto a baking sheet and place under the grill for a few minutes to toast.
- In the meantime, place all the remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Remove the baguette from the grill and turn the slices over.
- Divide the mixture equally between the baguette slices then place back under the grill for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Perfect served with a green salad or even on the side with a bowl of hot soup.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.