Sausage and Sweetcorn Penne
A crowd pleasing dinner, hearty sausage, sweetcorn then creamy and cheesy mascarpone and parmesan, they will not be any left overs of this dinner.
- 500 gr dried penne
- 400 gr sausages of choice with the skin removed
- 250 gr mascarpone cheese
- 2 shallots diced
- 2 cups sweetcorn thawed frozen
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt for seasoning the pasta water and sauce Olive oil
- Add the penne to a large pan of salted boiling water. I also add a little olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
- Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a frying pan and heat on a medium/high heat. Add in the sausage and break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until browned which will take around 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the shallots and cook for another couple of minutes before adding in the corn.
- Season with salt and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan.
- Tip the sausage mixture into the pan then add in the mascarpone cheese and stir. Add the parmesan and stir again.
- Serve with rustic warm bread.