Super Spice Cookies
Super Spice Cookies are my all time favourites. When I bake these my house smells of Christmas and what could be better than that.
- Heat the oven to 180oc.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pepper and salt.
- Beat the vegetable shortening and sugar until fluffy for two to three minutes then add the egg, molasses and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture in batches until combined but do not over mix.
- Place the granulated sugar on a plate.
- Roll ice cream scoop portions of the mixture into balls then roll in the sugar on the plate and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Leave generous spacing between each cookie for spreading.
- Using a measuring cup or glass press down the cookies then sprinkle with a little more sugar.
- Cook for around 10-12 minutes then remove from the oven. Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack