- 120 gr softened butter 120
- 120 gr caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 120 gr self raising flour
- 1 tsp Nielsen Massey Pure Vanilla Extract
- jar strawberry jam
- 140 gr softened butter
- 280 gr icing sugar
- 2 tbsp strawberry jam
- Heat the oven to 180oc and line a 12 hole cupcake tray with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl then add the vanilla extract. Add this to the butter and sugar mixture and combine.
- Fold in the flour until combined. (You can add a little milk if required).
- Quarter fill each cupcake case then add in a teaspoon of the jam before topping with more mixture until the cases are around three quarters full.
- Bake in the oven for around 10-15 minutes until risen and golden and spring back when pressed.
- Remove from the oven then set aside for fifteen minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.