Strawberry Jello Mousse
- 1 cup graham cracker or digestive biscuits blitzed into crumbs (you can do this in a food bag with a rolling pin to save on washing up)
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 punnet fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 3oz packet strawberry gelatine
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup milk
- 8 oz cool whip (if usa based – if in the uk use whipped double cream. I used cool whip here as it holds and keeps longer)
- Preheat the oven to 350f and grease a 9” square baking tin.
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter then press into the grease baking tin.
- Place in the oven for ten minutes until golden.
- Make up the jelly as per the packet instructions then add in the sliced strawberries and place in the fridge to set a little.
- Place the marshmallows and milk into a saucepan and stir over a low heat until melted and smooth then set aside to cool for around 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, fold in the cool whip or whipped cream followed by the gelatine mixture.
- Pour over the cooled biscuit base and smooth the top.
- Place in the fridge to set overnight.
- Once set, remove from the tin.
- Using cooking cutters or shaped moulds, cut out shapes in the mousse and place onto individual plates. I used heart and circle moulds.
- Decorate the plates with icing and sprinkles and top the mousse with freshly sliced strawberries