This prawn cocktail is definitely my modern twist on what has been a classic for decades. Edamame and avocado not only raise the nutritional profile of this dish but make it "cool" and on trend at the same time.
- 400 g prawns peeled and deveined
- 8 large whole king prawns
- 4 mini gem lettuces washed
- 2 avocados cut into slices
- ½ cup of edamame
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 5 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp creamed horseradish
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Splash tabasco
- Paprika to dust
- Chives chopped
- Open up the gem lettuces and arrange into glass bowls. Place a fan of the sliced avocado along one side of each bowl.
- Place the prawns over the lettuce and season with a little black pepper.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, tabasco and horseradish together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper the add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Spoon some of the sauce over the prawns then top with two king prawns on each bowl.
- Scatter with edamame.
- Dust with a little paprika and sprinkle with chives.Serve with a lemon wedge.