Rainbow Baby Tomato Tart
A beautiful dish that works well with a side salad for lunch or to share with friends.
- 250 gr mascarpone cheese room temperature
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 shortcrust pastry shop-bought
- 300 gr mixed baby tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Fresh basil for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 200oc.
- Cut two circles out of the pastry as large as you can get. Place onto a baking tray.
- Mix the mascarpone cheese with the parmesan and egg yolk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the shortcrust pastry leaving a gap between the mixture and the edge of the pastry.
- Slice the baby tomatoes in half then keeping in colour order, start laying the tomatoes cut side up in circles working from the outside edge inwards, each circle being of a different colour.
- Once the tart is full, bring the edges up and fold over creating a little bowl effect.
- Season with cracked black pepper and a little extra parmesan cheese then drizzle a little olive oil over the top.
- Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked. Garnish with a few fresh basil leaves.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.