I first had a dish similar to this warm blue cheese salad at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in LA – where they filmed Pretty Woman. It was so good that I had to create my own version of it when I returned home.
The sweet candied pecans are the finishing touch for sure. When I first made this dish for my husband Phillip, he looked at me puzzled and then said “Did you mean to grill the lettuce”? then he tasted it and he did not need me to answer!!
Warm Blue cheese Salad
- 4 small Romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup Sour cream
- ¼ cup Whole milk freshly squeezed
- ½ cup Crumbled blue cheese plus more for sprinkling
- 12 slices Cooked bacon chopped
- ½ cup Candied pecans
- splash Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Slices the romaine lettuce in half, lightly oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place sliced side down onto a hot grill pan.
- In the meantime, place the mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix until combined. Stir in the crumbled blue cheese.
- Once charred turn the romaine lettuce over and cook for just another minute more then remove from the pan and place on a serving platter.
- Drizzle the blue cheese dressing over the lettuce, sprinkle with the bacon and some extra crumbled blue cheese then top with a few candied pecans.